Official policies as provided by the DEC...
1. Only two cars are allowed on any site. Additional cars must purchase a day pass for each day in the campground and must park in a designated third car parking area. Third car parking can be found across from sites 203, 245, 267, 269, 284, 289, 294, to the left of the amphitheater, and also down by the beach, day use area or shower building. CARS ARE NOT TO BE PARKED IN THE WOODS ACROSS FROM YOUR SITE.
2. Visitors are allowed between the hours of 8:00am and 10:00pm. After 10:00pm only cars with valid permit with them are allowed into the campground. If members of your camping party arrive after 10:00pm, it is your responsibility to make sure there is a valid car pass waiting for them at the front booth.
3. THE SPEED LIMIT IS 15 MPH AT ALL TIMES!!!
4. Quiet hours are observed between the hours of 10:00pm and 7:00am. Please be courteous to your fellow campers who are trying to sleep.
5. CHECK OUT TIME IS 11:00am. You must be completely off your site by this time. If you wish to renew your site, come to the booth between 8:00amm and 10:00am on your scheduled date of departure. The booth attendants will see what is available for you at this time. There are no guarantees on renewals.
6. The day use area closes at 9:00pm. Swimming is allowed only at the beach when there is a lifeguard on duty.
7. The back booth is open from hours of 8:00am to 8:00pm. You must show a valid car pass or day-use ticket to use this entrance.
8. The showers are located on the road to Rollins Pond across from site 134. The showers will be closed from 2pm-3pm for cleaning. The showers are $.25 for 5 minutes.
9. Generators hours are 9:00am to 11:00am and 4:00pm to 7:00pm.
10. DISPOSAL OF WASTE WATER AND SOLIDS. Liguid or solid waste must be disposed of at the dumping stations or in the nearest toilet. Trailer drains must have the cap tightly affixed, or a bucket underneath to catch the draining waste. Then, dispose of wastewater properly.
11. NO SKATEBOARDS, ROLLERBLADES OR SCOOTERS can be used on the roads in the park. Please use these toys on the bike path or on the designated area near amphitheater.
12. The cutting of standing trees or brush alive or dead is prohibited. The brush along the shoreline is helping to fight shoreline erosion.
PLEASE ABIDE BY THESE POLICIES TO MAKE THE CAMPING EXPERIENCE SAFE AND ENJOYABLE FOR EVERYONE. IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO ASK ANY CAMPGROUND EMPLOYEE. WE WANT YOU TO HAVE FUN AND HOPE TO SEE YOU AGAIN!!
Not only is the cutting of trees or brush alive or dead prohibited, you can also be fined! I believe the fine can be $300 per tree.
Last updated: April 22, 2011 12:00:00
Parkware Campground Manager