The Paeglow Family

A place for you to post memories you or your family remember from camping at Fish Creek over the years, as well as any other items of historical nature. Photos would be great too!
CampADK
Site Admin & Devote FCP Camper
Site Admin & Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 15
Camping Equipment: 13ft Scotty 1976 Cabin Cruiser Reno
Your Real Name (optional): Dave & Kate McGrath
Camp Sign Name (optional): CAMPADK

The Paeglow Family

Postby CampADK » Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:13 am

I had the pleasure of meeting Sherry Paeglow on my last trip, and she was kind enough to give me some background and photos on the 4 generations of the Paeglow family that has run the Fish Creek Pond, and subsequently, the Rollins boat rental since 1931 (thats nearly 80 years at FCP/Rollins!).

Originally Sherry's great grandfather Charlie Paeglow ran the boat rental from Site 135
Click for more info!

at Fish Creek. I do need to verify with her whether that is 135 before or after the renumbering, and when they moved up into Rollins. Eventually Sherry's grandfather Win Paeglow was handed over the boat rental and later on Sherry's father Joe Paeglow took over. Joe retired from running the boat rental in Rollins back in 2008 I believe and since then his three kids Sherry, Wendy and Gray have taken over the rental and do rotations, staying in their old trailer or one of Chad (Travel-Rites) trailer rentals.

A few photos going back to the early 1930's:

A very young Joe, his father Win to the right and Joe's grandfather Charlie behind him in the background....

Win on the right, his father Charlie on the left with the rental boats...

Win and Charlie...

Charlie in the front, Win in the back and Win's sister Virginia in the middle...

Return to “History and Fond Memories”