Spring 2013 Features

New features or changes specific to this website will be posted here.
CampADK
Site Admin & Devote FCP Camper
Site Admin & Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 15
Camping Equipment: 13ft Scotty 1976 Cabin Cruiser Reno
Your Real Name (optional): Dave & Kate McGrath
Camp Sign Name (optional): CAMPADK

Spring 2013 Features

Postby CampADK » Mon Mar 04, 2013 10:38 pm

Just an update. It's been pretty quiet on here but I have been busy working on and off on a variety of projects for the spring, so here is a bit of a heads up...

I'm almost setup to be able to post near live webcam shots this summer. Unlike the multi-steps required to post 'trip report photos', this feature will allow very easy posting of photos from an iPhone directly to the website on the fly which will then appear here, on the home page. The process is similar to the easy at which mobile devices can post directly to Facebook from a phones camera.

I have also been working on a special mobile site for iPhone users which allows typical mobile device interactivity (like mobile apps) to peruse campsite photos. This mobile site will make it easy, especially when arriving at a campsite to do a quick visual check of available sites. Also useful considering the growing population of users on mobile devices and tablets. This features applies to all the campgrounds photos and is not specific to the Fish Creek Pond photo database. I'm targetting iPhone / Ipad users but hope to take care of Android users as well. Not likely that it will work on Windows tablets however as anything Windows is usually a nightmare.

Hoping to finally have time to process some of the video and photos from last season as well.

In May we'll be heading back through the Adirondacks to take campsite photos of a dozen additional campgrounds.

I've been checking into integrating a Facebook plugin which would provide Facebook users an easy way to post on the site as well.

Only 40 days till Fish Creek opens!

Cheers

Return to “Website Announcements”