Boat Rental

General discussion about Fish Creek Pond. Ask a question, share your camping experience or make suggestions to others.
TheDave

Boat Rental

Postby TheDave » Sat Jun 15, 2019 9:47 am

I know there are a few expensive boat rental places in the area. However I was wondering if there is anyone nearby that would be interested in renting out their boat for a few days while we are camping at Fish Creek. We will be at Fish Creek from June 29 to July 6. I would insure the boat for the time we used it and would take full responsibility for any damages. Not that there should be any. This would be for a family of 4. Looking to teach the kids to ski and do some driving around Upper Saranac. For some reason I can not convince the wife to trailer a boat from Chicago while I drive the Truck and camper.

Regards,
David
d_s_144
Years at Fish Creek: 49
Camping Equipment: My trusty tent and my 21 foot Nitro 288 Sport
Your Real Name (optional): Derek Gross

Re: Boat Rental

Postby d_s_144 » Tue Jun 18, 2019 11:02 am

Hickoks Marina, right on the Ponds, does rent some boats. I believe a couple are still family-sized runabouts, but that may have changed. They weren't late-model boats, probably from the late 80's, but they'll get you around. I believe they had 50 hp outboards, skiing may be a challenge if your progeny are adult adult-sized kids. I am not sure if they still rent the runabouts, but they're close and will be cheap in comparison. Good luck!
CampADK
Site Admin & Devote FCP Camper
Site Admin & Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 15
Camping Equipment: 13ft Scotty 1976 Cabin Cruiser Reno
Your Real Name (optional): Dave & Kate McGrath
Camp Sign Name (optional): CAMPADK

Postby CampADK » Tue Jun 18, 2019 1:07 pm

Hickok’s doesn’t rent motor boats or motors. See http://www.fishcreekpond.com/marina.php
cf06adk
Years at Fish Creek: 24
Camping Equipment: Tent, Screenhouse, Boat

Postby cf06adk » Fri Jun 21, 2019 4:13 pm

CampADK wrote:Hickok’s doesn’t rent motor boats or motors. See http://www.fishcreekpond.com/marina.php

I never knew there was 24/7 gas on Upper Saranac.

Any idea if that still exists? Hopefully it's high octane, ethanol-free.

Return to “Fish Creek Pond”