Did it really happen two years in a row???

General discussion about Fish Creek Pond. Ask a question, share your camping experience or make suggestions to others.
d_s_144
Years at Fish Creek: 49
Camping Equipment: My trusty tent and my 21 foot Nitro 288 Sport
Your Real Name (optional): Derek Gross

Did it really happen two years in a row???

Postby d_s_144 » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:45 am

So, my friends and I logged on to RA Sunday morning to get our sites for July 2018. Shockingly, there were 91 sites available at 8:30 AM. There were, of course, the A-loop and some of the C-Loop sites, but still, that's a significant number available. We didn't get the exact location in the park we wanted, but requiring two sites together, we were pretty pleased. We ended up on 220 and 221 which are really nice sites (220 is a Dave 5-star, 221 is a Dave 4.5-star). This is the second year in a row we were blessed with such luck.

A friend of mine called at about 10 AM on the same day, and the results were far different. The offerings were basically limited to the "Dreaded 25", the 25 sites that always seem to be available, but people rarely reserve. We'll hope for a cancellation or squeeze them on our sites.

Anyway, the sites are booked and the anxiety will subside for another season at FCP. Thanks to the FCP Camping Gods for shining upon us this fall, and allowing us a smooth path to the Ponds next summer. I wish you all the same luck if you haven't booked yet. Have a safe winter/fall and we'll see you on the water next July! Take care!

Derek
Karyn
Your Real Name (optional): Karyn

Re: Did it really happen two years in a row???

Postby Karyn » Tue Oct 24, 2017 11:48 am

lucky you!!! We have about 10 people trying to get sites for July - August and have not gotten one site yet. We will keep trying but it's not looking too good - we may have to skip this year or find a different campground. The worse part about it is that when we get there in the summer there seems to be so many empty sites all the time. Last year there were 3 sites empty for 10 days in a row. I think people reserve and they decide not to go and don't cancel. URGH - good luck everyone. :)

Return to “Fish Creek Pond”