Mosquitoes

General discussion about Fish Creek Pond. Ask a question, share your camping experience or make suggestions to others.
wsnycamper
Your Real Name (optional): Sharon

Mosquitoes

Postby wsnycamper » Sat Jul 22, 2017 10:33 pm

Before we make our trek up to FishCreek this year we were wondering if the mosquitoes are bad. I spoke with someone last night who was up in the adirondacks close to FC. She said they left early because the mosquitoes were so bad. Does anyone have a bug report for this summer?
PS600REVX
Your Real Name (optional): Paul

Re: Mosquitoes

Postby PS600REVX » Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:06 am

Yep, as bad as most years in July, but relatively normal. No way bad enough to leave early. Last year was an outlier due to how dry it was. I'd even say less bad this year than 2 years ago. That's my opinion, anyhow. I'm from WNY as well and mosquitoes are rough here this year. Shouldn't be a shock to you at FC.
d_s_144
Years at Fish Creek: 47
Camping Equipment: My trusty tent and my 21 foot Nitro 288 Sport
Your Real Name (optional): Derek Gross

Postby d_s_144 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 2:13 pm

I left there on July 15, and the bugs were negligible. Those biting flies were worse than the mosquitoes. We had a constant breeze and an eternal fire, so we weren't impacted much at all. Happy Camping!
wsnycamper
Your Real Name (optional): Sharon

Postby wsnycamper » Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:03 pm

It sounds like it will be fine. Last year was wonderful. It reminded us of years ago when the bats were still around. The mosquitoes really were never bad. Two years ago some of us were pretty bitten up. Looking forward to our trip this year even though it's not the best summer.
Thank you both for you replies!
CampADK
Site Admin & Devote FCP Camper
Site Admin & Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 15
Camping Equipment: 13ft Scotty 1976 Cabin Cruiser Reno
Your Real Name (optional): Dave & Kate McGrath
Camp Sign Name (optional): CAMPADK

Postby CampADK » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:56 am

Mosquitoes are usually only an issue in early evening for an hour or so. Didn't find them bad at all this year in June or July.
C&S
Devote FCP Camper
Devote FCP Camper
Camping Equipment: Tent
Your Real Name (optional): Sylvie & Chris

Postby C&S » Mon Jul 31, 2017 3:03 pm

We were on 59 from the 12th to the 22nd and we'd get a few mosquitoes in the evening but nothing too bad. However we had family on 207 & 209 and the mosquitoes were insane there. If there wasn't a breeze to keep them away, we were being bitten constantly.

Return to “Fish Creek Pond”