Welcome to Fish Creek Pond Community Forum!

General discussion about Fish Creek Pond. Ask a question, share your camping experience or make suggestions to others.
CampADK
Site Admin & Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 15
Camping Equipment: 13ft Scotty 1976 Cabin Cruiser Reno
Your Real Name (optional): Dave & Kate McGrath
Camp Sign Name (optional): CAMPADK

Welcome to Fish Creek Pond Community Forum!

Postby CampADK » Sun Sep 17, 2006 1:14 pm

Welcome home everyone!

This is a place to share your love for Fish Creek Pond, and to share your experiences with other. It is also a great way to meet other campers you may have or have already met at Fish Creek!

Over the last few years that my wife and I have camped at Fish Creek, we have met so many great people! So many have something in common, and special... years or even decades of memories with family and friends at this special place. Fish Creek Campers are truly passionate about this place they call home, and we wanted to help by creating an online community where hopefully we can meet while we're waiting for our next vacation at Fish Creek.

One of the main inspirations for this site by the way came from watching countless campers walking around with pen and paper in hand, writing notes on various campsites, hopefully providing themselves with an aid for future reservations. I met many people this way, and am now happy to say that we now have a place to help out. The

Fish Creek Campsite Guide includes over 1,000 photos of each campsite along with useful site details. It's a work in progress, however it's coming along nicely!

We welcome contributions from one and all!

:teardrop:

Dave
Last edited by CampADK on Wed May 16, 2007 10:53 am, edited 3 times in total.
Rick Sheerin
FCP TearUp Camper
FCP TearUp Camper
Your Real Name (optional): Rick & Diane Sheerin

Postby Rick Sheerin » Mon Sep 18, 2006 4:16 pm

Dave - I have just spent the last hour checking out your Fish Creek website and it is very entertaining and informative! Although I've only been to Fish Creek twice, and plan on going more in the future, it's nice to know I can now book a site and know exactly what it looks like before I get there. Any plans to do more state parks in the future? You could develop a full time career doing travel guides for campgrounds :idea: :)
Regards,
Rick
CampADK

Postby CampADK » Mon Sep 18, 2006 5:06 pm

Rick Sheerin wrote:Dave - I have just spent the last hour checking out your Fish Creek website and it is very entertaining and informative! Although I've only been to Fish Creek twice, and plan on going more in the future, it's nice to know I can now book a site and know exactly what it looks like before I get there. Any plans to do more state parks in the future? You could develop a full time career doing travel guides for campgrounds :idea: :)

Ha ha!

Would be nice... however its a LOT of work just for one campground. Rick you can do Lewy Lake and Nick's Lake ok? Actually I have built all the tools now.. for other campgrounds it would just be a matter of taking the photos and site notes.

PS. I'll be posting the site list for the Spring TearUP shortly... might be looking in the Site 100
Click for more info!

range for a bit of variety, and some morning sunshine.

How about testing our your new FanDrop at Fish Creek this fall with us?

We'll probably be going Oct 6-9 and/or Oct 27-30 before the snow flies and we have to... ugg.... hibernate.
Ducktoes
FCP TearUp Camper
FCP TearUp Camper
Camping Equipment: Fan-Drop & Metzendorf

Postby Ducktoes » Mon Sep 18, 2006 8:58 pm

Hey Dave & Kathy-

So, are the ducks as ravenous at Fish Creek as they are at Nicks Lake? (LOL).

Your site is AWESOME!!!

We can't wait to finish 'The build' and take it out on the maiden voyage. Not sure if we'll make it to Fish Creek again this year, but I know there's a 99% chance we'll be taking it to Bowman Lake before the end of season.
Diane
FCP 4 US !
Devote FCP Camper
Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 36
Camping Equipment: 38' Jayco Pinnacle 5th Wheel
Your Real Name (optional): Bill & Sue T.
Camp Sign Name (optional): Snoopy -the 1st one!

Postby FCP 4 US ! » Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:31 pm

Absolutely unbelievable ! We have just spent 2 hours looking at photos and facts, etc. We love it ! Thanks so much - we'll be back for more chat soon.
CampADK

Postby CampADK » Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:07 pm

Glad you like the site FCP 4 US. It's finally coming together!
Y Knot Campers
Devote FCP Camper
Devote FCP Camper

Hello Fish Creek family

Postby Y Knot Campers » Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:10 pm

Hello, I just wanted to post and say hi to everyone. I have been coming to fish creek for 7 years now and i will continue to come until i die. I love camping and i have not found a better place. I recently discovered this site and couldn't believe how amazing it was. Well thanks for the site and i look forward to talking to everyone.

Mike
CampADK

Postby CampADK » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:18 am

Welcome Mike!

It's been a quiet 'winter' so far on here, but hopefully we'll see some more camper activity as spring approaches.

That reminds me.. gotta find some time over the holidays to get back posting all those photos into the campsite guide.

Cheers!

Dave
YDavis
Devote FCP Camper
Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 5yrs
Camping Equipment: Travel Trailer

Hi from Upstate NY

Postby YDavis » Fri Jul 06, 2007 3:59 pm

Just wanted to say hi. Thank you Dave and Kathy for setting up this wonderful site.
I have only been to FCP once 2 years ago and have been wanting to go back since. Made a reservation last year but unfortunately had to cancel last minute. Will be going there for Labor Day weekend for 4 days(really can't wait).
Ray
FCP TearUp Camper
FCP TearUp Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 12
Camping Equipment: 13' Homebuild
Your Real Name (optional): Ray & Stacy Finney
Camp Sign Name (optional): Ray & Stacy

Return to FCP

Postby Ray » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:57 am

Hi Dave,
How's your summer going?

I have finally managed to get my parents up to FCP. My mother is very scared of bears. They are in a tent, I'm in my Teardrop. So we'll see what happens. They stick to camping in the Finger Lakes usually.

We will be at Site 284
Click for more info!

, Aug 13, 14, & 15. (Mon-Wed) Stop by and say hi if you're in the park. If your camping, let me know what site you're on.

My Dad is bringing his 14' fishing boat. Do you know of a place to get fishing info in the area?

I hope you & Kathy have been able to enjoy the new camper a lot this year.
Happy Camping,
Ray
CampADK

Postby CampADK » Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:30 pm

Hi Ray,

Tell your mom not too worry. The campground will be packed, which means the bears have more 'selection' so odds are good she will survive LOL.

As long as they keep coolers in the car, and don't leave food around there shouldn't be a problem. Heck we are there a LOT and have never seen a bear. Odds are you are more likely to be struck by lightning then see a bear.

Hickocks Livery across the road should be a good source for best places to fish. I think with the warmer pond water now, you have to be a bit more picky where you fish then back in the spring when you could toss in some breadcrumbs, and the fish would be jumping out of the water.

We have been doing a LOT of camping this year. Back at FC next Tuesday for 5 nights on 103 with some friends.

Will look for you next week on 284!

Cheers
MOTEL 4-2
FCP TearUp Camper
FCP TearUp Camper

Postby MOTEL 4-2 » Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:46 am

Dave & Kate, I just registered for the FCP forum. This looks like a fun one. :lol:
Fiddich
Years at Fish Creek: 0
Your Real Name (optional): Ryan

Re: Welcome to Fish Creek Pond Community Forum!

Postby Fiddich » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:53 pm

VERY NEAT SITE!

Just started to look through this week. I LOVE the campsite reviews. If only other sites had someone to do this for them.

I'll be wandering around a bit if you don't mind. If anyone hears about any updates to the generator question, I would love to know.

Fiddich
CampADK

Postby CampADK » Mon Apr 14, 2008 12:55 pm

Hi Fiddich and welcome to the site!

Which questions regarding generators are you referring too? I know we have had a few threads about this topic...

Cheers
Fiddich
Years at Fish Creek: 0
Your Real Name (optional): Ryan

Postby Fiddich » Mon Apr 14, 2008 1:19 pm

It was about maybe they would be banning them or perhaps limiting the hours of use.

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=79

Return to “Fish Creek Pond”