Booked for August 2013!!

General discussion about Fish Creek Pond. Ask a question, share your camping experience or make suggestions to others.
PS600REVX
Your Real Name (optional): Paul

Booked for August 2013!!

Postby PS600REVX » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:13 am

Got one of the best IMHO 224 for Aug 4 - 18!! See you all there.
PS600REVX

Re: Booked for August 2013!!

Postby PS600REVX » Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:11 am

PS600REVX wrote:Got one of the best IMHO 224 for Aug 4 - 18!! See you all there.

And now 223 & 225 for friends. Going to be a good one next year. Can't come soon enough. On a different note, did anybody notice the little "jump" that now occurs on reserveamerica after you click "book these dates"?? They really are trying to even the playing field.

Until we meet in August,

Paul :yoohoo:
Can't Wait!
Devote FCP Camper
Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 25
Your Real Name (optional): Susan,John,Jenavieve,Jacob
Camp Sign Name (optional): Hoefer family

Postby Can't Wait! » Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:35 pm

Ahh so you were my competition today ;) Congratulations.

I didn't notice a jump... what do you mean?
Susan ,John, Jenavieve & Jacob
PS600REVX

Postby PS600REVX » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:15 pm

when you place the cursor on the "book these dates" button, I used to be able to just click away and I have a super fast internet so rarely missed. Now, and it was confirmed with the other people who were helping me, when you click the button, it jumps to a higher point on the screen and then comes back down for you to click again. That split second it jumps up and then back down and then you can click again, costs a millisecond but could mean difference between success or failure. Lol, and sorry about being your competition, didn't know you were shooting for 223 or 225. 224 was the site I had already so wanted to surround it with my friends. And bummer about 217. I had that one after you did last year, it is a great site.

see you next year in August
Can't Wait!
Devote FCP Camper
Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 25
Your Real Name (optional): Susan,John,Jenavieve,Jacob
Camp Sign Name (optional): Hoefer family

Postby Can't Wait! » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:23 pm

Perhaps that is the reason I missed out on a few sites. We have FIOS, which is supposed to be the fastest, but it didn't help me. I am not usually the site stalker, my husband is, but he is busy in training this week and can't access Reserve America at 9am.

That is awesome you were able to get 3 sites next to each other!!

I'm sure we will be just as happy on 205 next summer.
Susan ,John, Jenavieve & Jacob
CampADK
Site Admin & Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 15
Camping Equipment: 13ft Scotty 1976 Cabin Cruiser Reno
Your Real Name (optional): Dave & Kate McGrath
Camp Sign Name (optional): CAMPADK

Postby CampADK » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:03 pm

I just checked. Didn't notice any 'jump' when clicking the 'book these dates' button. Reserve America hasn't changed a thing in at least the last 2 or 3 years.

Congrats on Site 224
Click for more info!

! Nice open site. One of the only reason it might not be a popular site for some (including me) is that it is very shallow for a boat. Thats a plus for you, less competition from all the boaters. Enjoy!
PS600REVX

Postby PS600REVX » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:16 pm

Dave, you are correct. The reason you do not like this site is the reason I LOVE IT!! With 4 kids 7 and under, shallow is perfect!! and I just tried RA again and it didn't do the jump. I have a theory that it may just happen when you are frantically clicking on a site on the day it opens prior to 9am. I will test my theory tomorrow morning.
CampADK

Postby CampADK » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:28 pm

Whatever you do, don't bother with the frantic clicking! All you need is to do that, say 5 seconds before 9am and should you encounter a delay you will lose the chance to click milliseconds before 9am. Clicking anytime before 9am will not help you!

We had friends that were on that site, or one or two over and they loved it. Excellent for small kids! Very low to the water as well. That site has the best shoreline view of any in the area too. Washroom is only 1 site away which is a bonus.

Ooops... 1000 people just marked down Site 224
Click for more info!

as one to try next time ha ha.
PS600REVX

Postby PS600REVX » Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:40 pm

Dave, I hear ya and know clicking before 9am is useless but I don't have any clocks (or trust any of them) that I would say are exact to RA so if I'm clicking 15 seconds or 20 seconds before 9am, I may not know it. I have missed very little over the past 4 years or so but that "jump" is new to me. Like I said, will test it tomorrow morning.

Thanks for reinforcing my choice of sites for next year, too. Sounds like just what I want. :-D

And maybe I will meet you next year. Was all set to say "hi" when we were on 217 this past August and I believe you were supposed to be on 204 but when we drove by, wallah, 204 looked like a ghost town.
CampADK

Postby CampADK » Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:40 pm

That was probably when we left a week early due to my back injury.

You computer should have the option to set your computer clock to atomic time. I don't trust however that it is accurate enough. When testing 3 of our Mac's using the set clocks automatically, I found they could still be out a second or so. Not good enough. I still have to figure out why.

For Windows boxes, see http://www.nist.gov/pml/div688/grp40/its.cfm

Recently I decided to simply use a portable digital alarm clock that had the atomic time synchronization feature (it has a radio receiver in it that can decode the atomic time broadcast signal). I can rely on this... I think.

I added a new, supposedly more accurate, time widget on the Booking Buddy which is supposed to be more accurate. You can read more about it HERE
CTDave
Your Real Name (optional): Dave Benore

Postby CTDave » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:44 pm

We're booked, first time at FCP!! Last week in August #281
PS600REVX

Postby PS600REVX » Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:01 pm

And almost certainly we will see you every year :D . I've been to many nice campgrounds in this state and others and the one thing that stands out for me is the paddling. Not many places you can go and do the many different "loops" you can do at FC and the surrounding waterways and they are all just beautiful. If you're not a paddler, become one!! :wink: Enjoy it.

Return to “Fish Creek Pond”