- 355 campsites capable of accommodation all equipment from tents to 40 foot RV's
- 319 sites are directly on the lakeshore
- Picnic area and sand beach
- Organized daily recreation activity programs are offered at the amphithreater including hikes, games, soccer and live entertainment
- Boat launch (across from site 33)
- Flush toilets are found approximately every 12-15 sites. They have cold water sink and mirror. Washrooms are located on the opposite side of the road from the campsites.
- Huge shower complex located near site #135 (between Fish Creek and Rollins Pond campground). There are 30 showers for men, 30 showers for women. Showers are coin operated (a quarter for 5 minutes). Expect to find them very clean!
- Excellent canoeing and kayaking right from your campsite into a variety of interconnected waterways
- Boating and watersports options in the ponds at Fish Creek as well as on Upper Saranac Lake which is interconnected to the ponds at Fish Creek
- Fishing - within Fish Creek or neighbouring Rollins Pond: bass, pike, and pan fish Upper Saranac Lake: lake trout, landlocked salmon. Whey and Black Pond: brook and rainbow trout
- Many miles of hiking with many trails starting within the campground. Virtually unlimited hiking in the surrounding area including the High Peaks Region in the Lake Placid area.
- Area attractions include the Paul Smiths Interpretive Center (18 miles north), the olympic venues in Lake Placid (25 miles east), the Wild Center in Tupper Lake ( 11 miles south), and the Adirondack Museum at Blue Mountain Lake, 50 miles to the south
- Twice daily wood truck passes through the park (mainly peak summer months)
- Ice truck passes through the park, usually around 10am (mainly peak summer months)
- Nightly ice cream truck! Starts at the far end of the park (Site 305) and makes it way through the park beginning about 5pm. As it is VERY popular with young and old alike, it often has to leave the park before making it all the way around (curfew is 10pm). Peak months - July and August only.
- Water fill and Dumping station (3 stations)
- Camp store (outside the park) is well stocked with just about everything you could need including camping supplies, food staples, meats, pizza takeout and ATM
Note: Fish Creek does not have electrical or water hookups. Campers often do connect temporarily to the water tapes however. Generators (please bring a quiet one!) are allowed between the hours of 9am to 11am and 4pm to 7pm daily.
Last updated: April 22, 2011 12:00:00
Parkware Campground Manager