Gilbert lake state park

Post your experiences or questions about other parks in the Adirondacks.
The Acee's
Devote FCP Camper
Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 4
Camping Equipment: 1988 Palomino pop up
Your Real Name (optional): Jason and his 3 girls!

Gilbert lake state park

Postby The Acee's » Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:29 pm

anyone have any info on this park? there are two different sections for trailer/tent sites. Is one area better than the other? For many reason i wasn't able to book a site for next week (Thursday - Sunday) but now can. trying to stay close to home and there is a safari game farm near there we want to check out. we like wooded sites! i dont like some places that are just a big lawn, i have 600 acres of that i could go park on lol
The Acee Family
ratherbcamping
Devote FCP Camper
Devote FCP Camper

Re: Gilbert lake state park

Postby ratherbcamping » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:25 am

We used to go there every summer when I was a child. Back then, the hilltop section was mostly wide open grassy area. It could have changed by now though -- that was over 30 years ago! It's a great campground -- we always loved it!
The Acee's
Devote FCP Camper
Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 4
Camping Equipment: 1988 Palomino pop up
Your Real Name (optional): Jason and his 3 girls!

Postby The Acee's » Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:55 am

Thanks, sounds like we are heading to limekiln. i promised the kids a day at Enchanted Forest this year and i think we are going this week. The game farm is not far from home so when we go there for the day i will have to go check out Gilbert and see what it looks like.
The Acee Family
stonykill
Your Real Name (optional): tom bell

Postby stonykill » Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:02 am

I know this is an old thread but my wife and I just stayed at Gilbert Lake this past weekend. The top section is no longer all grass. Lots of purposely planted 25 year old pines in single file rows. Typical State park planting. IMHO the sites are far too close together for privacy. Luckily when we stayed the park was only maybe at 1/2 capacity. The staff was really good and the park is very nice. We would go again. We had lot number 196 which was a really big site. Unfortunately it is also across from the swing set. But it was a nice stay. A few pics of our site.

Return to “Other State / DEC Parks in the Adirondacks”