More Campsite Photos Coming Soon! Fair Haven/Wellsley Island

Post your experiences or questions about other parks in the Adirondacks.
CampADK
Site Admin & Devote FCP Camper
Site Admin & Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 15
Camping Equipment: 13ft Scotty 1976 Cabin Cruiser Reno
Your Real Name (optional): Dave & Kate McGrath
Camp Sign Name (optional): CAMPADK

More Campsite Photos Coming Soon! Fair Haven/Wellsley Island

Postby CampADK » Tue May 08, 2012 9:51 pm

With the server move occupying a lot of time lately I didn't get to do a trip report on our Fair Haven Beach SP trip a few weeks ago. Was a great weekend of sunny yet cool weather. Our group had a blast despite a bit of nippy evenings and the hungry raccoon that decided to visit some of our campsite for some late night snacking.

Fair Haven is a great place indeed! Lots of campers there that weekend. Great location close to the beach on Lake Ontario. And yes I took photos of all the campsite while we were there for the Campsite Photo Database. Sites are pretty basic so typical one or two of each site. 600 photos in total.

As well we stopped at Wellesley Island where I did a 4.5hr blitz taking 1,300 photos of all the campsites. There are some fantastic watersites at Wellesley! The primo sites are much more suited to tents and smaller trailers however.

A few photos from the trip...

Fair Haven Campsites. The bluffs is nice and flat, lots of trees but easy for the big rigs to get onto! Great washrooms too! Watch the deer mossy on by in the woods behind, or feed the friendly racoons at night!

Our Group

Fair Haven Beach SP Sunset

Ducks on the Beach

Wellsley Island Site 74
Click for more info!

Wellsley Island Site 77
Click for more info!

'Panoramic View' (Ranger Don would love this one) :lol:

Wellesley Island is HIGH on our 'To Camp At' List. So many great waterfront sites. Primo watersites are a tad small, but our Airstream will fit on some, if not our teardrop. Some sites are quite large with lots of privacy and expansive rocky shoreline. If you are a tenter who loves the water you will love it! It's another 'secret hidden gem' that no one talks about so the word doesn't get out, but like Fish Creek everyone has known for a long long time and it is REALLY hard to get into in primo season... well at least anything remotely near the water. It's a HUGE campground. Right smack in the thousand islands.. VERY picturest (spelt that wrong)! Bring your boat and/or kayaks!

I have the campsite photos for both campgrounds loaded into the Campsite Photos database as I find time this spring.
mistermatt1984
Devote FCP Camper
Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 23
Camping Equipment: Tent

Re: More Campsite Photos Coming Soon! Fair Haven/Wellsley Is

Postby mistermatt1984 » Tue May 15, 2012 1:03 pm

This is the first year my family hasn't gone to Wellesley Island. We have since 1991. Going up in RV size has limited the ability to get water sites at the park. A disappointment but the way it works. Going to Kring Point instead.
Len
Camping Equipment: Jayco Qwest pop up
Your Real Name (optional): Len

Postby Len » Wed May 16, 2012 2:51 pm

Great Pics. Love Wellesley Island. Stayed there with just my oldest son a couple years aga. We did a bike ride around to all the sites to check the park out ...... you indeed had your hands full photographing that park.....its huge. Heading to fairhaven for the first time over Fathersday weekend for our first full family trip with the new pop up......can't wait! From the few pics you posted it looks nice. We will likely visit there a lot in the future since its only an hr away if we like it there, which it looks like we will. Nice easy, quick weekend type spot. Can't wait to get camping.........
The Acee's
Devote FCP Camper
Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 4
Camping Equipment: 1988 Palomino pop up
Your Real Name (optional): Jason and his 3 girls!

Postby The Acee's » Fri Jun 29, 2012 2:22 pm

so you have a pic(s) of site 009 in the Eagle Area? friends and i have a total of 6 sites (3 on each side of the road i think) for pirates weekend.
The Acee Family

Return to “Other State / DEC Parks in the Adirondacks”