unattended site

General discussions specific to Rollins Pond, neighbouring campground to Fish Creek. Ask a question, share your experiences at Rollins or make suggestions to others.
dtrain71

unattended site

Postby dtrain71 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:15 am

Does anyone know if you can leave your site unattended (but still set up) for 24-36 hours. I have a site for a week, but need to leave for 24-36 in the middle of the reservation. The site will still be set up, but there will not a be vehicle there. If anyone knows the rule on this would greatly appreciate an answer.
Tatons94
Devote Rollins Pond Camper
Devote Rollins Pond Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 5
Camping Equipment: Popup
Your Real Name (optional): Paula

Re: unattended site

Postby Tatons94 » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:21 am

I don't think there's a rule. I've seen people leave & not come back until the next day for an outing or to visit family or even to go in to work - I've never heard of anyone getting in trouble. I know that if you don't arrive on the FIRST night of your reservation, they can technically give it away (but I've never heard of that actually happening.)

As long as there's no food out & all your belongings are secured, I think it would be OK. Obviously, can't leave pets or kids, but... :lol:
Oh heavenly day, all the clouds blew away/Got no trouble today with anyone/The smile on your face I live only to see/It's enough for me, baby, it's enough for me/Oh, heavenly day...Patty Griffin
Gail & Steve Collins
FCP Curator & Devote FCP Camper
FCP Curator & Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 66
Camping Equipment: 36' Cougar fiver
Camp Sign Name (optional): Gail & Steve Collins

Re: unattended site

Postby Gail & Steve Collins » Thu Jun 29, 2017 4:36 pm

dtrain71 wrote:Does anyone know if you can leave your site unattended (but still set up) for 24-36 hours. I have a site for a week, but need to leave for 24-36 in the middle of the reservation. The site will still be set up, but there will not a be vehicle there. If anyone knows the rule on this would greatly appreciate an answer.

There's no rule against this. People do it all the time. We usually spend 3+ weeks at FCP in June, and have never had a problem going home for a day or two or more.

Several years ago, we went back to Rochester to close on our new home in August. That included a side trip to the house for inspection and keys. No problem being away that long. We took the dog with us.
Happy Camping!

Gail & Steve

'11 Cougar 326MKS, '12 Ford F250 Super Duty, '11 Grand Cherokee, '68 Sea Sprite, 2 bikes, and 1 Abby dawg

Return to “Rollins Pond”