4th of July Fireworks

General discussions specific to Rollins Pond, neighbouring campground to Fish Creek. Ask a question, share your experiences at Rollins or make suggestions to others.
andreabeck
Your Real Name (optional): Andrea

4th of July Fireworks

Postby andreabeck » Mon Jun 29, 2015 10:47 am

Hi!

We are making our fourth trip up to Rollins Pond over 4th of July. Our kids are so excited to go back... except for one thing. They want to see fireworks for the 4th of July. I know there are fireworks on the 3rd in Tupper Lake and the 4th in Saranac Lake. My concern is that by the time we watch the show and drive back to the campground, we will be well past quiet time and disturb the other campers. We can keep our voices low and head straight to bed - but we'll have four kids with us and sometimes they don't know how to whisper. Not to mention the noise from the car.

Do people tend to do this? Any thoughts on whether our late night drive through the campground will be frowned upon? Are there exceptions on the 4th of July?

Thanks!
Andrea
CampADK
Site Admin & Devote FCP Camper
Site Admin & Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 15
Camping Equipment: 13ft Scotty 1976 Cabin Cruiser Reno
Your Real Name (optional): Dave & Kate McGrath
Camp Sign Name (optional): CAMPADK

Re: 4th of July Fireworks

Postby CampADK » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:46 am

We often see the line of cars coming back from the fireworks over 3rd/4th of July. No worries! Enjoy!
andreabeck
Your Real Name (optional): Andrea

Re: 4th of July Fireworks

Postby andreabeck » Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:55 am

Phew... thanks! I do think my daughter's whining if we don't go to fireworks might be worse than the noise we'll make traveling back ;)

Return to “Rollins Pond”