Best Choice for 8/14-8/16

General discussions specific to Rollins Pond, neighbouring campground to Fish Creek. Ask a question, share your experiences at Rollins or make suggestions to others.
Cdn Camper
Your Real Name (optional): Heather

Best Choice for 8/14-8/16

Postby Cdn Camper » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:18 am

First time to Rollins Pond and I need 2 sites for 3 tents. I'm trying to determine best available sites from what is available. I've looked at Site 86
Click for more info!

/87
Site 155
Click for more info!

/157 - any opinions on which is preferable? Have kids along age 5-10 who will want to explore. Any other options to recommend ? Thanks.
The Cougars CANADA
Devote FCP Camper
Devote FCP Camper
Your Real Name (optional): Karen and Joanna and Jackson

Re: Best Choice for 8/14-8/16

Postby The Cougars CANADA » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:49 am

Hi Cdn Camper, All those sites are off water, but higher numbers are all along big beach strip..I would wait it out, and as usual there will probably be a cancellation for a better site on water..But have you checked FishCreek out also..Not sure if you've ever stayed there..But there are better and larger sites on the water for those specific dates..Also look at max trailer capacity on each lot, if it's a 40 ft lot,you could probably get away with putting 3 tents on one lot, if they are small..Most tent campers do, 2 tents and one kitchen tent..So if your camping with 3 smaller tents, they might let you get away with it on one larger site..
The Cougars CANADA
Devote FCP Camper
Devote FCP Camper

Postby The Cougars CANADA » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:52 am

Unless they are teenagers and want their own site..lol :D
The Cougars CANADA
Devote FCP Camper
Devote FCP Camper

Postby The Cougars CANADA » Sat Jun 27, 2015 8:56 am

Also wanted to say, if it was me and those were only avaible options up at RP, and the ones that are available at FC on same weekend..I would stay at FC, cause you have waterfront on most of the available at the moment..My opinion..lol..Good Luck :D
Cdn Camper
Your Real Name (optional): Heather

Postby Cdn Camper » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:01 am

Thanks. I checked out FC, and the water is appealing, but the clear view to the neighbours less so. Is there a penalty for changing reservations? Maybe I book best available now, and watch for cancellations?
The Cougars CANADA
Devote FCP Camper
Devote FCP Camper

Postby The Cougars CANADA » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:06 am

Yes there is a 9.00 penalty, I'm the expert, as i do this quite often..lol..But if i was you, i wouldn't as those sites are usually always available..So save your 9.00 and wait it out for a couple of weeks..We also get charged the 5.00 for out of state campers....
The Cougars CANADA
Devote FCP Camper
Devote FCP Camper

Postby The Cougars CANADA » Sat Jun 27, 2015 9:11 am

The only time i do make changes, is when i have an average site, and when one of the bigger better ones gets cancelled, i wouldn't make a reservation for those sites,( off water) :D )but that's me...
CampADK
Site Admin & Devote FCP Camper
Site Admin & Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 15
Camping Equipment: 13ft Scotty 1976 Cabin Cruiser Reno
Your Real Name (optional): Dave & Kate McGrath
Camp Sign Name (optional): CAMPADK

Postby CampADK » Sun Jun 28, 2015 8:51 am

I second that Cougars is saying. Those sites at Rollins are off water with an incline up into the sites. That area of sites is also up high on a hill way above the water (maybe 40 feet?). Not so kid friendly. No view whatsoever. Any water site at Fish Creek would be a much better experience. I should note also, that not all sites at Fish Creek are butted against neighbours. There are lots that offer some privacy. FC Site 203
Click for more info!

is available which is a decent size with decent buffer, tap right on the site, bathroom 1 site away, great view across Square Pond, good water access for swimming close to shore. Much better option in my opinion, especially considering you have kids.

Return to “Rollins Pond”