Site 135

General discussions specific to Rollins Pond, neighbouring campground to Fish Creek. Ask a question, share your experiences at Rollins or make suggestions to others.
jwreid
Your Real Name (optional): Justin

Site 135

Postby jwreid » Tue Mar 17, 2015 8:53 pm

Hell, we will be camping for the first time in Rollins Pond the week of the Fourth of July. We have camped at Fishcreek a number of times.

We have a 14'' enclosed trailer we like to use to haul all our gear in( two of us and three kids) as we stay usually 10/12 days so we bring enough with us to not have to make too many trips out while there.

My question is has anyone camped this site before. I have looked at the photos provided but can't judge if there is enough room to get the trailer and our large tent on the site. We don't want to drag it all the way up from Virginia and run into issues.

Thanks
Justin
Rollins Fan
Devote Rollins Pond Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 19
Camping Equipment: small travel trailer
Your Real Name (optional): Anne

Re: Site 135

Postby Rollins Fan » Tue Mar 17, 2015 9:12 pm

I haven't camped in that area, but have walked around those sites in June when it's pretty empty. I visited someone with a 14 ft POD camper trailer in that area. She didn't have a tent or screenhouse, just had small SUV parked there. I do think the sites are pretty small. Not sure what your tow vehicle is? Not much extra parking in that section.
ImageImage
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now posting wildlife videos on YouTube as nymcmoo
Other photos posted at http://www.wunderground.com with the handle of mcmoo
If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in the dark with a mosquito.
palmprincipe
Years at Fish Creek: 11 years
Camping Equipment: Pahaque Tent & Screen House
Your Real Name (optional): Richard & Patti

Postby palmprincipe » Wed Mar 18, 2015 9:38 am

Hi. We camped there years ago. Other than Site 138
Click for more info!

and 132, the sites in that area are pretty tight. I don't think you can fit the trailer, vehicle and large tent. Good luck.
iloverollins
Years at Fish Creek: 30
Camping Equipment: Tent
Your Real Name (optional): Tiffany

Postby iloverollins » Fri Mar 20, 2015 12:12 pm

I think you'll be fine. And just FYI, if you do have a problem there are sites that the staff can assign to you. They are overflow sites...examples are 175, 178, 207 & 210.

Return to “Rollins Pond”