Questions for 2014 visit.

General discussions specific to Rollins Pond, neighbouring campground to Fish Creek. Ask a question, share your experiences at Rollins or make suggestions to others.
redrum
Your Real Name (optional): Jim

Questions for 2014 visit.

Postby redrum » Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:25 pm

Hi,

Heading to Rollins for the first time this year Thursday through labor day, and I was wondering a few things:
1) Water level - about normal this year? I need to know if I have to bring the cement blocks in order to setup the chairs on the "beach" this year :)
2) Firewood. Aside from the in park service (we buy alot) we have found it just outside of Tupper (west of FC/RP), and east of the FC/RP entrance. Wondering who seems to have it, and has the good stuff, as it seems to vary this year.
3) Fishing - any spots and/or bait working especially well? We have had alot of luck in Floodwood near the fallen tree in the past.

Thank you all;

Jim
Karl
Camping Equipment: 1966 Scotty
Your Real Name (optional): Karl

Re: Questions for 2014 visit.

Postby Karl » Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:24 pm

redrum wrote:Hi,

Heading to Rollins for the first time this year Thursday through labor day, and I was wondering a few things:
1) Water level - about normal this year? I need to know if I have to bring the cement blocks in order to setup the chairs on the "beach" this year :)
2) Firewood. Aside from the in park service (we buy alot) we have found it just outside of Tupper (west of FC/RP), and east of the FC/RP entrance. Wondering who seems to have it, and has the good stuff, as it seems to vary this year.
3) Fishing - any spots and/or bait working especially well? We have had alot of luck in Floodwood near the fallen tree in the past.

Thank you all;

Jim

I'm here for a few more days, I can check the water level if you let me know what to look at, I don't know what the normal level is. I didn't get any wood yet, it's been warm this week so no fire yet, if I pick any up I'll let you know the condition of park service wood.

Karl
Karl
1964, 1965 and 1966 Serro Scottys
Kayaks, Bikes and fishing poles
OldRadios

Re: Questions for 2014 visit.

Postby OldRadios » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:38 pm

I was there last week. Water level is fine. Looked from the shoreline like it was at at the normal level.

Wood they bring around was wet. Place was smokey at night from many campfires trying to burn it. Make sure you have an axe (not hatchet) to split it down into smaller pieces that will burn. It was better after I let it sit out in the sun for a couple of days. I was fortunate to have other wood bought outside the campground to get the coals started.

Return to “Rollins Pond”