Hoping for a cancellation on Labour day weekend...

General discussions specific to Rollins Pond, neighbouring campground to Fish Creek. Ask a question, share your experiences at Rollins or make suggestions to others.
canuckcampers
Your Real Name (optional): Melanie

Hoping for a cancellation on Labour day weekend...

Postby canuckcampers » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:41 pm

How soon will any cancellations be up for LD weekend on booking buddy? We've got friends pressuring us to reserve somewhere else, but I'm holding out hope that we may be able to nab a spot at Rollins for the last weekend. Crossing my fingers!
CampADK
Site Admin & Devote FCP Camper
Site Admin & Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 15
Camping Equipment: 13ft Scotty 1976 Cabin Cruiser Reno
Your Real Name (optional): Dave & Kate McGrath
Camp Sign Name (optional): CAMPADK

Re: Hoping for a cancellation on Labour day weekend...

Postby CampADK » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:44 am

The Booking Buddy isn't picking up any cancellations by the looks of it because even if there is a cancellation, someone is picking those up VERY quickly, before the Booking Buddy has a time to check. Remember that this tool only checks periodically (3 times a day) to 'look' for cancellations. ie sites that show up free and where showing reserved the previous day. It does not have access to actual cancellation data. It has worked nicely during the season, however in the last week or so the time period for reservations is so short and campers are scrambling so fast that it isn't picking up anything. No doubt I'll have some tweaks to do for next season.

It's really sad that Labour Day is the last day for Rollins. We walk through in the fall and sadly notice there are a good 6+ weeks of prime camping season up there that go wasted.
luvmycampers96
Your Real Name (optional): Lori C

Re: Hoping for a cancellation on Labour day weekend...

Postby luvmycampers96 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 9:17 am

I was wondering if there was something wrong with the bookbuddy. Hope you can get a spot for the weekend!

Return to “Rollins Pond”