the site you choose

General discussions specific to Rollins Pond, neighbouring campground to Fish Creek. Ask a question, share your experiences at Rollins or make suggestions to others.
avidcamper

the site you choose

Postby avidcamper » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:41 am

How many Campers simply try and get "into" the Park by choosing whatever site is available ? Then upon arriving become mad at the check in booth and demand a watersite or "emergencey" site?
kmtbcampers
Years at Fish Creek: 40 years
Camping Equipment: 19ft Hybrid travel trailer

Re: the site you choose

Postby kmtbcampers » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:15 am

Do you mean have I done this? Would ever do this? - not ever!
or have you done this or seen others do this?
Gail & Steve Collins
FCP Curator & Devote FCP Camper
FCP Curator & Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 66
Camping Equipment: 36' Cougar fiver
Camp Sign Name (optional): Gail & Steve Collins

Postby Gail & Steve Collins » Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:28 am

avidcamper wrote:How many Campers simply try and get "into" the Park by choosing whatever site is available ? Then upon arriving become mad at the check in booth and demand a watersite or "emergencey" site?

I've never heard of anyone doing this at FCP.

First, almost all the sites at FCP except the A sites on and a couple of overflow "B" sites down by the gate area are ALL waterfront sites. It would very difficult to reserve a regular numbered site and then try to demand a water front.

Occasionally, folks will ask to be moved to a different site for various reasons, usually inability to get their camper into a small site or to solve neighbor problems.

That's about it.

Steve
Happy Camping!

Gail & Steve

'11 Cougar 326MKS, '12 Ford F250 Super Duty, '11 Grand Cherokee, '68 Sea Sprite, 2 bikes, and 1 Abby dawg
Rollins Fan
Devote Rollins Pond Camper
Devote Rollins Pond Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 19
Camping Equipment: small travel trailer
Your Real Name (optional): Anne

Postby Rollins Fan » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:26 pm

Once, many years ago and before I knew about this website, maybe before it existed, I had booked a site for three nights, based on asking someone what site they were on the year before. Apparently, since I was in the boat and they were on shore, there was a miscommunication between me asking what site they were standing on, and them telling me which (non water ) site they were staying at. When we checked in and got to the site, before unpacking, seeing it was not on the water, I went back to the gate, not mad, but sad, and asked for a water site because we had a canoe. They switched us to one of the ones at the top of the hill by the water pump at Rollins. Yes, we had water access, but what a climb. I still can't believe we got that canoe back UP that hill. Since then, the wind has brought down many trees between the site and the water, and they are laying down, big pines. It would not be fun to try to get to the water from there now.
ImageImage
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Now posting wildlife videos on YouTube as nymcmoo
Other photos posted at http://www.wunderground.com with the handle of mcmoo
If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in the dark with a mosquito.

Return to “Rollins Pond”