Trip Report - closing weekend 2012

A place to discuss and post photos of your recent camping trips at Fish Creek.
Sunny campers
Years at Fish Creek: 9
Camping Equipment: travel trailer
Your Real Name (optional): John and Lori

Trip Report - closing weekend 2012

Postby Sunny campers » Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:55 pm

We arrived Friday afternoon and joined the other 5 campers on First Pond. We snagged Site 39
Click for more info!

, which was the one I wanted...a sunny spot! Cloudy and a little drizzle was the weather but we seemed to stay warm. Took a walk around the FCP loop and noticed quite a few brand new fireplaces and lots of tree work being done. It was almost spooky (but in a good way) being at FCP with so few people. We have only been here in June, July and August.

Saturday we awoke to the day of all days, a stellar day to say the least. Zero wind and tons of sun!!! Enjoyed the fact that when we walked or biked the loop, we could actually walk the shoreline instead of the road. At one point we layed right on the grassy dry knoll on Site 103
Click for more info!

and took a little nap. So peaceful indeed.

Did a lolly-gagger of a kayak around first pond and up to "Special Waters". So surreal with not a soul in site for much of this little paddle. I took Dave and Kate's advice and wore my ski jacket but wow, I was hot and had to ditch some of my layers. Couldn't ask for a warmer November afternoon :D

Lovely evening, fire, food and stars. I even let John beat me at Cribbage a couple of times :wink: As the evening progressed we realized that the sky was spitting this little bit of icy rain, however, the warmth of fire made the moisture disapate around us. Neil Young serenaded softly for a round by the fire then it was off to bed.

I haven't mentioned, our heat did not work on Friday due to a battery problem. We never did get too cold. I did bake a ton in my oven, lots of brownies and cookies so we had a very yummy smelling trailer and warm enough to be very comfy. Our neighbors enjoyed (I hope) some of those sweets we shared.

Sunday: Closing day boo-hoo. Woke to a breezy partly cloudy morn. Had time to walk and bike some then packed up. We made sure that we were the last camper to leave this closing weekend of 2013. I tell you, what a treat this was. I only missed the Loons :cry: Now we have a long winter ahead with only dreams dancing around our heads of next spring when FCP opens - I'll be there without question.

My PFCPD (post Fish Creek Pond Depression) has set in today as we winterized our trailer (again) and as we get ready for a long winter nap :booboo:

See ya'll in 2014,
Lori
Sunny campers

Re: Trip Report - closing weekend 2012

Postby Sunny campers » Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:01 pm

Just realized I posted "closing weekend 2013" Of course I meant 2012...a little ahead of myself hehe.

See ya'll in 2013,
Lori :D
CampADK
Site Admin & Devote FCP Camper
Site Admin & Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 15
Camping Equipment: 13ft Scotty 1976 Cabin Cruiser Reno
Your Real Name (optional): Dave & Kate McGrath
Camp Sign Name (optional): CAMPADK

Postby CampADK » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:52 pm

Great report Lori!

I fixed the date for you by the way.

Kudos for being the last one out. If we had made it, we would have been in a contest! lol

It is pretty weird being there in the off season. Odd not looking our across Square Pond and see campfires all around at night.

What areas had the new fireplaces?

I suggest a bit of Fish Creek TV to help with the PFCPD :D
Sunny campers

Postby Sunny campers » Tue Nov 13, 2012 1:51 pm

Thanks for the date change Dave - you know what that PFCPD can do to the mind!

New fireplaces...should of wrote some notes. I do remember the lower 100's as having brand new ones and great cooking grills. I did check on the campsite photos and those look in pretty good condition, but now instead of a rock/slate type fireplaces, they are concrete. Also some new ones in the teen numbers. Don't quote me though, my memory is not the best sometimes :wink:

Still counting the days till camping season begins, very happy for the Fish Creek TV to get us through...Lori :D

Return to “Trip Reports”