Campsite Photo Database Enhancements

New features or changes specific to this website will be posted here.
kkirsch
Devote FCP Camper
Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 60
Camping Equipment: Expandible Trailer
Your Real Name (optional): Kevin P Kirsch
Camp Sign Name (optional): Kirsch

Re: Campsite Photo Database Enhancements

Postby kkirsch » Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:56 am

They don't allow any program additions to the base set. I even need to use dreamweaver for my net tool (cumbersome but does what I need to do). Their tightness on computers is understandable since this place processes payroll information for many companies (Paychex Corp). At least home I have firefox to use, so here I take what I'm given.

A couple campgrounds that i believe have water sites. Sampson state park and Lake side. Both would be easy since the sites would be divided into 3 types, lakeside, inside loop, outside loop. Another nice place was long point. Was a great place for the 4th of July since you can see about 4 town's celebrations. There, even if you don't have a direct water site you essentially have a water site. One picture from the base of the campgrounds will take in all the sites.
CampADK
Site Admin & Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 15
Camping Equipment: 13ft Scotty 1976 Cabin Cruiser Reno
Your Real Name (optional): Dave & Kate McGrath
Camp Sign Name (optional): CAMPADK

Postby CampADK » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:29 am

We camped at Sampson. We were on Site 233
Click for more info!

which is the loop 'closest' to the water but I don't remember even being able to see the lake from there. You have to drive a ways to get down to the shoreline. I have a bunch of photos I took however around the beach area to post at some point.

I checked Lakeside online. Looks similar to Golden Hill State Park which we have camped at a few years ago. Considering that these, like Sampson are pretty much flat open sites in open areas, my thoughts are that these types of campgrounds will be lowest on my list. Fair Haven falls a bit into this category. After viewing a bunch of sites, they all are pretty similar when trees are few and far between and all have iron ringed fireplaces. At Sampson every site looked like the next. The biggest issue for some might be the distance from amenities (bathroom, beach, playground etc). Referring to the campground maps usually answers these issues.

My thoughts are that photos are most useful for well tree campgrounds where campers are concerned with getting their rigs into the campsite, sloped pads, campsite layout, general privacy and fireplaces.
rv4life
Devote FCP Camper
Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 19
Camping Equipment: rv

Postby rv4life » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:12 pm

Check out Tompkins Campground in Tioga PA. Stayed for Labor day and loved it. It is by far the nicest kept government campground we have ever stayed at. The entire park, including all sites, are paved. There is a marina to dock boats. VERY strict staff but still a great, quiet place. It is by no means Fish Creek but it is a nice place. The lake is very strange with slow zones placed in the center of the lake.
CampADK
Years at Fish Creek: 15
Camping Equipment: 13ft Scotty 1976 Cabin Cruiser Reno
Your Real Name (optional): Dave & Kate McGrath
Camp Sign Name (optional): CAMPADK

Postby CampADK » Wed Oct 24, 2012 9:19 pm

Paved!? :gasp:

Return to “Website Announcements”