Little Sand Point Campground(Piseco Lake)

Post your comments, experiences or recommendations for other great places to vacation, camp or paddle.
YDavis
Devote FCP Camper
Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 5yrs
Camping Equipment: Travel Trailer

Little Sand Point Campground(Piseco Lake)

Postby YDavis » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:12 pm

We camped at Little Sand Point Campground at Piseco Lake for the first time 2 weeks ago. Our first impression when we first got to the campsite (Site 21
Click for more info!

) was: "I don't like it, I want to go back to Fish Creek." But like they said "Don't judge a book by it's cover", we kept an open mind. At the end of the trip, we changed our mind and we would go back there again to camp. It is nothing like Fish Creek Pond for sure but then again there is no place like Fish Creek Pond.
The campsites there are nice but they are not as "waterfront" as Fish Creek Pond, if you know what I mean. The site we stayed at and a few sites next to us all have very steep rocky slope down to the water. It is not very easy to get in the water from the site. It is also quite dangerous if you camp with a toddler. There is a beach area at the campground which is very nice. We had a great time playing at the beach. There is also a dock at the boat launch, which is great for fishing! Fishing was excellent at Little Sand Point. We caught more fish here than when we tried at Fish Creek Pond.
There are not as many comfort stations at this campground.There are flush and pit toilets. The one by Site 21
Click for more info!

has pit toilets. I checked out the next one up, about 10 sites away, and that one has flush toilets. There are hot showers(somewhat new, just built a few years ago) available at this campground and the showers are FREE! :o We kept looking for the quarter slots to operate the showers and found out that we don't have to pay at al!
It was a nice camping trip for us and we would definitely go back to Little Sand Point campground to camp. It is a little closer to home than Fish Creek Pond, so it is a nice alternative for us for a short weekend camping trip.
jamesjohnson5551
Your Real Name (optional): James Johnson

Re: Little Sand Point Campground(Piseco Lake)

Postby jamesjohnson5551 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:48 am

Hi, it was my relaxation time in Piseo. I am a writer focused on career and physical development to spread more issues and tips to develop and works through Professional resume writing service. Piseco is a charming little almost-town, with a post-office that's barely open, a tiny one-strip airport (!), a community hall with a couple of historical displays (open Saturdays and Sundays in the afternoon, in-season) on the north side of the lake, and a whole lot of quiet going on. There's no "center" to it so much as an "around", around Piseco Lake and Oxbow Lake to its north and Spy Lake to the east.
CampADK
Site Admin & Devote FCP Camper
Site Admin & Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 15
Camping Equipment: 13ft Scotty 1976 Cabin Cruiser Reno
Your Real Name (optional): Dave & Kate McGrath
Camp Sign Name (optional): CAMPADK

Re: Little Sand Point Campground(Piseco Lake)

Postby CampADK » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:46 am

By the way, I now have photos of all the sites for Little Sand Points on the New York Photo Guide available at http://www.campadk.com/campsitephotos.h ... Sand+Point

Return to “Camper Travels”