Tomkins Campground

Post your comments, experiences or recommendations for other great places to vacation, camp or paddle.
rv4life
Devote FCP Camper
Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 19
Camping Equipment: rv

Tomkins Campground

Postby rv4life » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:58 am

Has anyone camped at Tompkins Campground in Tioga PA? Heading there this weekend and just wondered what people think of it. Thanks!
PS600REVX
Your Real Name (optional): Paul

Re: Tomkins Campground

Postby PS600REVX » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:08 pm

nice if you have a water site but the park is not as secluded as FCP with roads surrounding the reservoir. The good thing about many PA Parks is that they have the full hookups with those fantastic concrete pads. It's a slope down to the water if you have a water site and a couple hundred feet minimum. I'm not a big fan of any sites anywhere that are not on the water so I can't really speak for an off-water site if you have one but the park is clean. The paddling is not as good as it is just a reservoir with not really any other lakes / streams you can paddle to like in FCP. I usually go there or Ives Run (also in that same area) on Memorial Day weekend as I only have 3 days and it's much closer to me than anywhere in the ADKs. Make no mistake though, does not compare to the ADKs IMO.
rv4life
Devote FCP Camper
Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 19
Camping Equipment: rv

Postby rv4life » Fri Aug 31, 2012 11:48 am

Thanks for the info. We have camped at Tioga. Nice place for boating.
jamesjohnson5551
Your Real Name (optional): James Johnson

Postby jamesjohnson5551 » Wed Jun 01, 2016 5:43 am

This is a great campground! Sites are very well laid out, with only a couple of exceptions in the Knoll loop. Quiet campers all around, although as it was early June and the park was not full. The only thing detracting from the campground is the road noise from the road on the other side of the lake. It's not a problem at night though.

Return to “Camper Travels”