OH NOOOO

General discussion about Fish Creek Pond. Ask a question, share your camping experience or make suggestions to others.
karen230
Devote FCP Camper
Devote FCP Camper

OH NOOOO

Postby karen230 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 6:34 am

I am a little panicky right now. So when I booked the site I of course used Dave's site guide but neglected to see the "tent preferred" note on the site I booked :x . We have Jim dropping off a rental unit and he has the site number, do you think he will be able to get it in there? I am thinking that he has experience will all the sites in the park and IF he couldn't get a trailer on there, he would know.

Did I mention that we leave Sunday :roll: . There is 1 site right now but we looked at it and it isn't as nice as what we have and the hubby doesn't want to move to it :shock: . I may just try to call the park and see if there is anything that can be done but does anyone else have any other suggestions for me??
CampADK
Site Admin & Devote FCP Camper
Site Admin & Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 15
Camping Equipment: 13ft Scotty 1976 Cabin Cruiser Reno
Your Real Name (optional): Dave & Kate McGrath
Camp Sign Name (optional): CAMPADK

Re: OH NOOOO

Postby CampADK » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:47 am

What site number? What size trailer? There are a few tent size on which you could squeeze a smaller trailer on.
martdm

Postby martdm » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:37 am

We had a site a few years ago that we couldn't fit on, they moved us to a "non-reserveable" site that they keep for these reasons.
karen230
Devote FCP Camper
Devote FCP Camper

Postby karen230 » Fri Jul 06, 2018 6:35 am

I called the park yesterday and they found a couple sites that were available!!! I was so excited!! The girl at the campground did look and say yes it is a tent site (but I already knew that Dave had it listed that way!). The downside is that I had to call Reserve America to get us moved. Couple of more minutes of panic as I called (we all know how fast sites can go) but it was still available and we got it!! Needless to say, DH and I were looking at the site once we were able to last night and DH likes it much better than the one we had.

I called Jim to tell them we were moved and the women (I think Jim's wife but don't know her name) said he had said he wasn't sure if he was going to get the trailer on there :( . She said they were there all week this week and he was going to stop by and see if he could get the trailer on there. She also said I wasn't the only person to do this, she had another person do the same thing and she thought it was the same site.

As so many of us know, it seems many camping trips have a hiccup, hopefully this is ours for this trip and we are smooth camping from here :D .

Return to “Fish Creek Pond”