Not sure why this surprises me but......

General discussion about Fish Creek Pond. Ask a question, share your camping experience or make suggestions to others.
karen230
Devote FCP Camper
Devote FCP Camper

Not sure why this surprises me but......

Postby karen230 » Wed May 31, 2017 10:51 am

I guess it is one of those things that regardless how much experience I have, I will always be amazed at how difficult it truly is to get a site at FCP. We booked our site at the 9 month mark, was fortunate enough to get us moved to another site and about 2 weeks ago, actually added a day to our trip since we have to come home a day earlier than expected. Last night just out of curiosity, I looked to see if anything was available for our trip and all 322 sites are booked! I will never understand why it amazes me, but it just does. I thought maybe at this point people would start to cancel but nope, nothing! I know everyone on this site understands that we treat our reservations at FCP as golden tickets but I guess we aren't the only ones :).

Oh and DH said the other day when we got home from an overnight for Memorial Day that he is ready to leave for the mountains. I really hope we have good weather, our trailer is a little small to be stuck in the rain, lol.

See you in July!!
CampADK
Site Admin & Devote FCP Camper
Site Admin & Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 15
Camping Equipment: 13ft Scotty 1976 Cabin Cruiser Reno
Your Real Name (optional): Dave & Kate McGrath
Camp Sign Name (optional): CAMPADK

Re: Not sure why this surprises me but......

Postby CampADK » Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:12 pm

There are always cancellations, its just that they are picked up pretty quickly. Just about all the campgrounds are like this now. Fish Creek isn't the only popular place by any means. More and more people camping, same number of campgrounds pretty much each year.

Return to “Fish Creek Pond”