Successful reservation on the first attempt...

General discussion about Fish Creek Pond. Ask a question, share your camping experience or make suggestions to others.
d_s_144
Years at Fish Creek: 47
Camping Equipment: My trusty tent and my 21 foot Nitro 288 Sport
Your Real Name (optional): Derek Gross

Successful reservation on the first attempt...

Postby d_s_144 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:49 am

Wow! A friend of mine and I logged on to RA today to get our sites for next July. We need two together, which has become increasingly difficult over the years. However, there were 61 sites available this morning with two that met our limited needs. We got both sites on the first try, right at 9 am! That hasn't happened for us in many years. The anxiety is gone, it's so nice to have the peace of mind and not have to search RA every day for the next 6 weeks.

See you in July 2017! Happy camping!
mistermatt1984
Devote FCP Camper
Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 23
Camping Equipment: Tent

Re: Successful reservation on the first attempt...

Postby mistermatt1984 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:03 pm

Consider yourself fortunate. We tried for 140 sites at the end of September beginning of October and we couldn't get anything. Went for low 200 sites when that failed and they went instantly.
nvp101
Years at Fish Creek: 40
Camping Equipment: Travel Trailer

Postby nvp101 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:49 pm

Please correct me if I am wrong but the 200 s are closed for camping after mid September
Last edited by nvp101 on Sun Oct 09, 2016 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gail & Steve Collins
FCP Curator & Devote FCP Camper
FCP Curator & Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 66
Camping Equipment: 36' Cougar fiver
Camp Sign Name (optional): Gail & Steve Collins

Postby Gail & Steve Collins » Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:53 pm

mistermatt1984 wrote:Consider yourself fortunate. We tried for 140 sites at the end of September beginning of October and we couldn't get anything. Went for low 200 sites when that failed and they went instantly.

The sites in the 140 & 150 area may well be some of the most popular sites in the whole park for the entire camping season. Not finding an available site in there really doesn't indicate anything other than there are lots of folks planning on camping then.

We have 143 for a couple of weeks in June, and wanted to extend for another 10 days. Both for this past June and next, we missed being online when we should have to try to get it for the additional time. So we had to move last June and will have to move again next June. It's still Fish Creek and it's all good.
Happy Camping!

Gail & Steve

'11 Cougar 326MKS, '12 Ford F250 Super Duty, '11 Grand Cherokee, '68 Sea Sprite, 2 bikes, and 1 Abby dawg
C&S
Devote FCP Camper
Devote FCP Camper
Your Real Name (optional): Sylvie & Chris

Postby C&S » Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:31 pm

nvp101 wrote:Please correct me if I am wrong but the 200 s are closed for camping after mid September.I would check with the people on Site 94
Click for more info!

They camp there year round. See what there secret is
. : :shock:

This again? :roll: :roll:

~sylvie

PS: the others are talking about reserving at the end of September / beginning of October for next year in July.
mistermatt1984
Devote FCP Camper
Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 23

Postby mistermatt1984 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:52 pm

C&S wrote:
nvp101 wrote:Please correct me if I am wrong but the 200 s are closed for camping after mid September.[b]

PS: the others are talking about reserving at the end of September / beginning of October for next year in July.

^^^^^^^ This.
CampADK
Site Admin & Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 15
Camping Equipment: 13ft Scotty 1976 Cabin Cruiser Reno
Your Real Name (optional): Dave & Kate McGrath
Camp Sign Name (optional): CAMPADK

Postby CampADK » Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:39 pm

Was easy peazy for us too this year for next July. 60 sites available, lots of choice. I forgot even, and didn't book till 9:30am.
d_s_144
Years at Fish Creek: 47
Camping Equipment: My trusty tent and my 21 foot Nitro 288 Sport
Your Real Name (optional): Derek Gross

Postby d_s_144 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:05 pm

Perhaps the cyclic nature of the economy is swinging back the other way, and people who have chosen to go camping over the past few years are now ready to book hotel rooms again. I can't remember the last year there were over 60 sites available on booking day, it has generally been between 15-25. I have no complaints, it makes my life immensely easier.
kkirsch
Devote FCP Camper
Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 60
Camping Equipment: Expandible Trailer
Your Real Name (optional): Kevin P Kirsch
Camp Sign Name (optional): Kirsch

Postby kkirsch » Sat Oct 15, 2016 9:29 am

What was really strange this morning was that I was attempting to get a site and appeared to get Site 211
Click for more info!

the system got to the point where I logged in filled out for my equipment and answered yes to the question then on to the next screen and nothing just the screen to check my personal info and such with the shopping cart at empty. So I called and someone else had gotten the site. It appeared that the site was actually picked up by another at the same time. Fortunately I waited on my other PC and someone gave up a nice site. UGH!! at least the stress is over
tzfmkn

Postby tzfmkn » Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:55 pm

Definitely stressful reservation process. There is a rumor floating around that you can reserve a Site 10
Click for more info!

minutes before 9. Anyone else hear that? Definitely more sites available this year
CampADK

Postby CampADK » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:04 pm

10 minutes before? Nope. We have help a few friends and sometimes get a site at what appears to be a second or 2 before. With transmission delays who knows exactly. All I can say is that if you have mutiple windows/browsers open and multiple computers. then start clicking about 4 seconds before. The more computers you have, the more chance one of your many clicks just prior 9am will hit the magic point at which RA accepts your booking! They say their time is accurate and set to atomic time.
Karyn
Your Real Name (optional): Karyn

Postby Karyn » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:06 am

We tried every day to get sites for 2 weeks and had a very hard time getting anything. We were clicking the book this site button 4 to 5 seconds before 9am and the inventory was already booked. did they change the 9am booking time? A couple of times we even tried 10 seconds before 9am. It is getting so hard to get sites at Fishcreek.
CampADK

Postby CampADK » Tue Nov 01, 2016 11:56 am

Karyn how many sites are you trying to get? Are you flexible or only trying to book sites all together, and specific sites? If you are trying to book several all together, say 4 sites in a row, it will be very difficult. Are you trying for 40ft sites only vs anything that fits a 20ft trailer?

I just checked and I see 8 sites available for Aug 1st for 14 nights.

The clock hasn't changed. If you click too soon you will get the too soon message and will need to click 'book this site' again. Because of the signal delay, clicking from multiple computers/windows at about 8:59:56 to 9:00:00am is helpful.

In the end if your success will be directly proportional to how flexible you are on dates, site location and size, and the number of sites you are trying to book at once.
Karyn
Your Real Name (optional): Karyn

Postby Karyn » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:39 pm

we try to get 6 to 8 sites. We would like to get sites between Site 138
Click for more info!

- 240. we like to be together so we try the close ones and have not been quick enough to get them this year. We all pick a site and start clicking at 8:59:59 every morning. we were able to get a few so far but will keep checking to see if any are canceled.

Return to “Fish Creek Pond”