weather and water

General discussion about Fish Creek Pond. Ask a question, share your camping experience or make suggestions to others.
The Cougars CANADA
Devote FCP Camper
Devote FCP Camper
Your Real Name (optional): Karen and Joanna and Jackson

weather and water

Postby The Cougars CANADA » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:27 pm

Hi Dave, know you just returned..I'm heading down on the 28th( Yay)..What was the temp like at night??..Is the water warming up any?. :D
The Cougars CANADA
Devote FCP Camper
Devote FCP Camper

Re: weather and water

Postby The Cougars CANADA » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:29 pm

We got the Kayaks ready, hopefully we get nice weather...We all know forget the weather man up in ADK... :partlycloudy:
Gail & Steve Collins
FCP Curator & Devote FCP Camper
Years at Fish Creek: 66
Camping Equipment: 36' Cougar fiver
Camp Sign Name (optional): Gail & Steve Collins

Postby Gail & Steve Collins » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:18 pm

The Cougars CANADA wrote:Hi Dave, know you just returned..I'm heading down on the 28th( Yay)..What was the temp like at night??..Is the water warming up any?. :D

We just left on Sunday (the 21st). A couple of nights were pretty cool (low 40's) but most were in the low 60's. We only ran the heat one night.

The water in Square Pond was about 73. It dropped a degree after a heavy rain. Gail was in several times over a two week period.

The water level was very high the whole time we were there. Many of the campsite beaches were submerged. At the landing for the Trading Post, I was able to float right up to the timbers and tie off without getting my feet wet. Still had to raise the motor, but the boat never bottomed out. Many of the docks over in the fourth pond were under water.

Steve
Happy Camping!

Gail & Steve

'11 Cougar 326MKS, '12 Ford F250 Super Duty, '11 Grand Cherokee, '68 Sea Sprite, 2 bikes, and 1 Abby dawg
The Cougars CANADA
Devote FCP Camper
Devote FCP Camper

Postby The Cougars CANADA » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:46 am

Thanks Steve and Gail, So the waters High again this yr!!..Just checked TWN again, now it's rain, rain and more rain..I know it changes from day to day, but yesterday they were showing SUNNNNNNNN, now not even..So i'll be doing my sun dance all week, praying :partlycloudy: I guess i'll pack my rain boots..lol
nvp101
Years at Fish Creek: 40
Camping Equipment: Travel Trailer

Postby nvp101 » Mon May 08, 2017 9:21 pm

Does anyone know how high the water levels are this spring at fish creek.I live down by lake Ontario and the are very high

Thanks
Gail & Steve Collins
Years at Fish Creek: 66
Camping Equipment: 36' Cougar fiver
Camp Sign Name (optional): Gail & Steve Collins

Postby Gail & Steve Collins » Tue May 09, 2017 8:40 am

nvp101 wrote:Does anyone know how high the water levels are this spring at fish creek.I live down by lake Ontario and the are very high

Thanks

Dave was up there last weekend and posted a drive-through video and some pictures on FaceBook. He reported the water as high. Here's a link to his pic of the boat launch:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater
Happy Camping!

Gail & Steve

'11 Cougar 326MKS, '12 Ford F250 Super Duty, '11 Grand Cherokee, '68 Sea Sprite, 2 bikes, and 1 Abby dawg

Return to “Fish Creek Pond”